Someone should have been around to take this meal away from me at some point. Sure, it’s pretty healthy and full of veggies, but that didn’t mean that I needed to eat the whole thing…. honestly. I had a VERY strange craving for peanut butter and Ramen noodles (uhhh, didn’t have any weird cravings my entire pregnancy and now a month after-baby I’m getting them?! Really?)…luckily there is a genius way to make the two taste AWESOME together… this peanut butter sauce is to die for, and is really great with these noodles, some tasty chicken, and your favorite veggies.
Ramen Noodle Chicken Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce (I subbed Sriracha hot chili sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 large boneless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 (3oz.) package Ramen Noodles
- ¾ cup diced red bell pepper
- ¾ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 cup baby carrots, sliced in half
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- Combine all ingredients for the peanut sauce. Take half of the sauce to marinade the chicken in, and set the rest aside. If you can only marinade the chicken for a few minutes, that’s completely okay!
- Place the marinated chicken in a small frying pan over medium heat and sauté for about 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, cook the Ramen Noodles for no more than 2-3 minutes, (toss away the flavor packet). Drain, return to the pot and coat with the peanut sauce you set aside.
- In a large frying pan, heat the peanut oil and vegetables over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Stir in the chicken and Ramen noodles and continue to cook until the vegetables are tender.
Serve and enjoy!