Avocados stuffed with fresh tomatoes and mozzarella tossed in basil pesto and finished with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
These caprese stuffed avocados are a slightly different take on that idea where an avocado half is filled with a mixture of diced tomatoes and fresh mozzarella tossed in a homemade basil pesto served on a bed of salad greens all topped with a drizzle of balsamic reduction! The combination of the cool and creamy avocado, juicy tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil pesto and tangy balsamic vinegar is simply divine; pure summer on a plate!
You can serve these caprese stuffed avocados as a starter or appetizer with just half an avocado or serve it as a light meal with two halves of an avocado!
- 2 avocados, cut in half, stone and skin removed
- 1 cup salad greens
- 1 cup tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella, diced
- 2 tablespoons basil pesto
- 2 tablespoons balsamic reduction
- Plate the avocado on the salad greens and top with the mixture of the tomato, mozzarella and pesto followed by a drizzle of the balsamic reduction.