Tomato And Bacon Pasta Bake
A perfect family meal - fast, delicious and affordable. This will soon become a favourite!
- 3 cups macaroni
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1 onion, chopped
- 175 grams lean bacon, chopped
- 2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 can Italian-flavoured chopped tomatoes
- 1/4 cup light evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- Boil a large pot of water. Cook pasta by following the instructions on the back of the pasta packet. About 3 minutes from the end of cooking, add chopped broccoli to pot. Drain water from pasta and broccoli.
- While pasta is cooking, cook onion and bacon in a non-stick pan for about 5 minutes.
- Add green pepper and mushrooms to pan and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and evaporated milk. Gently simmer on a low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Put cooked pasta and broccoli in an oven-proof dish. Pour over tomato and bacon sauce. Gently stir to mix. Sprinkle over grated cheese.
- Bake in oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden