This recipe is even more perfect if you happen to love our Hatch New Mexico Green Chile. With its superb flavor profile and spicy kick, it’s the perfect additive to just about anything.
- 1/4 c Hatch or any New Mexico Grenn Chile (roasted Peeled, seeded and finely Chopped)
- 1 Fresh jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1 c white or yellow corn
- 1 c Finely chopped onions
- 2 lb Potatoes, peeled and cut Into cubes
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 c Chicken broth
- 1/4 c Margarine
- 1/4 c Flour
- 3 c Milk
- Shredded cheddar
- You May Add Additional chicken and vegetables If desired
- Combine the green chile, jalapeño, onion, potatoes, corn, salt, pepper and chicken broth.
- Bring to boil. Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes Melt margarine over low heat and add flour to blend to make the roux.
- Strain liquid from potato, green chile and onion mixture and reserve 3 cups cooking liquid.
- Mash =AB potato, chile and onion mixture.
- Reserve the other half.
- Stir reserved cooking liquid into the roux.
- Raise heat, stirring with wire whisk until thickened.
- Add milk to thickened liquid and continue to stir until it comes to a simmer.
- Turn off heat.
- Add mashed potato, chile and onion mixture.
- Stir in and blend well. Add reserved cubed potatoes, chile and onions.
- Garnish with cilantro and add shredded cheese on top.